Project Name : West Walk City
Client : West Walk Real Estate
APPENDIX A – SCOPE OF SERVICES
1.1 Facility Management Services
TRANSGLOBAL will provide West Walk City with a professional FM service oriented towards ensuring the building facilities are kept at optimal functioning conditions.
As part of the Facility Management services, TRANSGLOBAL will provide West Walk with the following:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System: TRANSGLOBAL will implement its CAFM system, at the buildings, in order to provide West Walk with an ongoing suite of up-to-date information on the functioning of all services in the buildings.
- Reporting: TRANSGLOBAL will prepare monthly reports for West Walk. These reports will contain a summary of the activity performed by TRANSGLOBAL and all subcontractors for the services in scope of this Agreement.
1.2.3 Scope: TRANSGLOBAL will provide comprehensive cleaning works covering all parts of the building facilities. The cleaning will include the following items:
- Daily maintenance cleaning,
- Bathroom cleaning and consumable restocking
- Floor mopping and sweeping
- TRANSGLOBAL will additionally ensure all glass surfaces are maintained clean.
- Façade cleaning to be conducted every 90 days
- Deep cleaning of all non-daily items based on an annual cleaning program, to be conducted every 60 days.
1.2.4 Manpower: Male and female cleaners will be provided by TRANSGLOBAL to ensure cleanliness of the facilities is maintained to the highest standards, both inside and outside the buildings.
1.2.6 The cleaning team will have the following composition:
1.2.9 Included items: All chemicals, materials, and machinery for the correct provision of the cleaning services are included within the service fees charged by TRANSGLOBAL.
1.2.10 Toilet Consumables: Consumables will be provided by TRANSGLOBAL. The consumables include the following items:
- Hand Soap, Toilet paper, hand-drying paper.
1.2.11 Exclusions: Any other items or services related to cleaning activities not expressly mentioned in above sections.
1.1.1 Preventive and Corrective Maintenance works
- TRANSGLOBAL will carry out routine and periodic maintenance of all Equipment within the Building as recommended by the equipment manufactures or as per legal requirements, or prevalent industry practice if no legal requirements are applicable.
- TRANSGLOBAL shall prepare a detailed list of Preventive maintenance activities planned at different intervals and their schedule, for each type of Equipment within one month of award of contract, for review by the client.
- TRANSGLOBAL shall keep all equipment at site, under the scope of this contract, in a state of cleanliness, complying with safety requirements and acceptable to West Walk.
- TRANSGLOBAL will repair any faults and attend to breakdowns in the Equipment to ensure its smooth operation and availability. TRANSGLOBAL shall rectify any cause of breakdown of any of the equipment within a reasonable period of time, without causing any inconvenience the users of the property and to the client.
- TRANSGLOBAL will provide emergency service between scheduled inspections for the systems included in the Agreement. Emergency corrective calls will be responded to 24 hours a day, through a central helpdesk/call centre.
1.1.2 Manpower: TRANSGLOBALwill provide the necessary manpower to carry out the required maintenance and repair works of the facilities. TRANSGLOBAL shall deploy skilled manpower with good experience in their trades and guided by a team of Engineers. These technicians shall be deployed at site permanently to carry out the routine maintenance activities and to ensure emergency tasks are completed in a timely manner.
1.1.3 Tools and Equipment: The tools and equipment necessary for technicians to perform the works included within the scope of this Agreement will be provided by TRANSGLOBAL. Necessary safety clothing for the technicians as well as uniforms will also be provided by TRANSGLOBAL.
1.1.4 Supply of Spare Parts and Consumables: The consumables included in the scope of this Agreement are only small items necessary to maintain the Equipment in good working order, and include items such as grease and refrigerant liquid, rust cleaners and protectors, tapes, and similar, required to carry out simple, small maintenance activities.
REGARDING PURCHASING SPARE PARTS AND CONSUMABLES: The cost of all other Spare parts and Consumables, including complete replacement of any equipment within the facilities, are not included within the service prices.
Whenever spare parts and other excluded items are required, West Walk will decide, case by case, whether to purchase the required items directly, or alternatively, have TRANSGLOBAL purchase them. In this last case, TRANSGLOBAL will procure the items directly and all costs incurred will be invoiced to West Walk with 10% service fee mark-up from the invoiced amounts.
1.1 PEST CONTROL
1.2.3 Scope: TRANSGLOBAL will provide, through OFFROAD Company as an approved subcontractor, comprehensive pest control services, in order to prevent and eradicate any pest presence in all internal and external perimeter areas of the facilities. The service includes the following items:
- 11 visits per year (monthly) for application of insecticides/traps and checking for activity of pests.
- Application of insecticides and traps for all types of rodents, flying, and crawling insects within the building, including common areas, bathrooms, and service areas.
- A service report will be submitted with every servicing, detailing the service carried out, as well as the activity log of any pest presence.
- TRANSGLOBALensures that all chemicals used are approved by the Department of Health conforming to the Qatar regulations on use of pesticides.
1.2.5 Manpower, tools, and equipment: Sufficient manpower as well as all necessary chemicals, tools and equipment will be provided by TRANSGLOBAL to ensure the scope of pest control services is conducted in an appropriate manner at all times at the facilities.
1.1 SECURITY SERVICES
1.2.1 Scope: TRANSGLOBAL will provide, security services in order to ensure the security of all areas of the buildings, for personal safety of all building users, as well as to ensure all facilities are free from any intruders on a 24 hours basis.
1.2.2 The service includes the following items:
- Provision of Security Guards on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at the buildings.
- Conducting of daily rounds to ensure all security systems at the city are in working order.
- Control of access to the buildings premises of visitors, complete with written log of visitors.
- Ensuring lockdown and opening of doors and access ways to the building on a daily basis, according to the schedule approved by West Walk.
- Coordination and control of access, with a written log, to the facilities by any and all suppliers for delivery of materials and/or equipment.
- Access control to the buildings by all subcontracted workers, complete with daily written logs.
1.2.4 Manpower, tools, and equipment: Manpower as well as all necessary tools will be provided by TRANSGLOBAL, to ensure the scope of security services is conducted in an appropriate manner at all times at the facilities.
- Category: Facility Management, Maintenance,
- Date: March 1, 2023